By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Texas Weekend of Remembrance: In the workshop, the council will review the 2019 Texas Weekend of Remembrance held Memorial Day weekend.
- 2020 U.S. Census: The council will hear a workshop presentation about the 2020 U.S. Census. A resolution supporting the census is part of the regular meeting’s consent agenda.
- Public Hearing on Proposed Tax Rate: In the regular meeting, the council will conduct the first public hearing on the city’s proposed FY20 property tax rate of .534618 per $100 of assessed value. The second public hearing is Sept. 12.
- Strategic Partnership Agreement: The council will conduct the second public hearing on a proposed strategic partnership agreement with Brazos County Municipal Utility District No. 2. The agreement outlines conditions for district annexation and limited-purpose commercial annexation.
- Senior Affordable Housing: The council will consider approving $463,000 in federal grant funds for purchase and rehabilitation costs for four affordable duplexes for income-eligible seniors at 3312 -3314 Normand Drive and 3337-3339 Longleaf Circle.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!