If you’re looking for a way to keep your kids active during the colder months, the City of College Station’s winter youth basketball leagues are a great option. Registration ends Dec. 14, and the league will run from Jan. 7-March 7. Continue reading Youth hoops leagues focus on fun and fundamentals
Welcome to our live blog from the College Station City Council’s workshop and regular meetings on Thursday, April 26. The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink channel 19 or online at cstx.gov/cstv19. The workshop will start about 5 p.m., followed by the regular meeting at 6. Continue reading Live Blog: Thursday’s city council meetings (April 26)
By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Rental Registration Update: The council will receive a workshop presentation about new software that allows online registration and renewal of rental properties.
- Impact Fees: The council will discuss the pros and cons of implementing impact fees for transportation and water/wastewater infrastructure.
- University Drive Safety Improvements: The council will consider a contract for creating a final detailed design of Phases 2-5 of the University Drive Pedestrian Safety Improvements Project.
- School Traffic Movements: The council will consider changes to traffic movements near three elementary schools as requested by the College Station Independent School District: a) No left turns from Welsh Avenue into the Rock Prairie Elementary driveway; b) No left turns from Brothers Boulevard into the Southwood Valley Elementary driveway; and c) No left turns from Eagle Avenue into the public alley north of Newport Lane during drop-off and pick-up times at Creek View Elementary.
- Arts council Board: The council will consider appointments to the Arts Council of Brazos Valley’s board of directors.