By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Monday at city hall for its workshop (about 5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Plan for Federal Grants: The council will have a workshop discussion about the 2020-24 Consolidated Plan to receive federal grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Smoking Ordinance and Vaping: Another workshop item is a discussion about health concerns regarding vaping and adding language to the smoking ordinance to include electronic cigarettes and vaping.
- Fun for All Playground: At the start of the regular meeting, the Fun for All Playground Committee will present an $875,000 check to the city.
- FY 20 Budget Amendment: The council will consider A $6.25 million amendment to the city’s FY 20 budget. For a detailed listing of amendment items, see page 291 of the agenda packet.
- Advanced Electric Meter Contracts: The council will consider contracts of $6.8 million with Landis+Gyr Technology and $517,000 with IPKeys Power Partners to support the implementation of the electric utility’s Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter and Operational Data Management (MODM) System.
Colin Killian has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as the associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!