By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- BVSWMA Budget: In the workshop, the council will consider approving the Brazos Valley Solid Waste Management Agency’s (BVSWMA) proposed FY16 budget of $8.85 million.
- Northgate Parking Lot Special Events: The council will hear a workshop presentation about the potential use of the Northgate surface parking lot for special events.
- Greens Prairie Trail Extension: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider allowing Brazos County to fund an extension of Greens Prairie Trail from Wellborn Road to the College Station city limit, including a new railroad crossing.
- Embassy Suites Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider changing the zoning district boundaries from office and general commercial to planned development district for about 2.4 acres north of University Drive East between Jane and Eisenhower streets. The change will allow for the development of an Embassy Suites hotel.
- McCulloch Subdivision Overlay: After a public hearing, the council will consider adding a neighborhood conservation overlay is the area south of Holleman Drive and north of Nevada Street, generally between Welsh Avenue and Oney Hervey Drive. The request is in response to large homes recently constructed in and around the McColloch neighborhood and will provide additional standards for development.