Welcome to our live blog from the College Station City Council’s workshop and regular meetings on Thursday, March 22. The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink channel 19 or online at cstx.gov/cstv19. The workshop will start about 5 p.m., followed by the regular meeting at 6. Continue reading Live Blog: Thursday’s city council meetings (March 22)
By Colin Killian, Public Communications Office
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Updated Parks Master Plan: The council will hear a workshop presentation on the updated master plan for Southeast Community Park, Lick Creek Greenway and use of the Rock Prairie Landfill property, which has potential for park development.
- All-Way Stop at Cross and Dogwood: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider implementing an all-way stop control at the intersection of Cross and Dogwood streets to improve pedestrian safety and mobility.
- Hearing on FY15 Budget, Tax Rate: The council will conduct public hearings on the city’s FY15 budget and a proposed 2.6-cent increase in the property tax rate. The budget and tax rate are scheduled for adoption Sept. 22.
- Halcon Energy Mineral Lease: After a public hearing, the council will consider entering into a mineral lease with Halcon Energy for oil, gas and related hydrocarbons on about 26 tracts of land generally located near Wellborn Road and FM2818.
- E-Cigarette Ordinance: The council will consider an ordinance prohibiting the purchase, possession and use of e-cigarettes by minors, but will not be considering restrictions on where e-cigarettes can be used. If approved, the ordinance will become effective in