This is a live blog from the College Station City Council’s workshop and regular meetings on Thursday, Feb. 26. It’s not the official minutes.
Both meetings are being broadcast live on Suddenlink Channel 19 and can also be watched online. An archive of previous council meetings is available on the website.
The workshop meeting has started. Councilman James Benham is absent tonight.
5:42 p.m. (more…)
By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Recycling Program Update: The council will receive a workshop update on the city’s recycling program and possible areas for expansion.
- Renaming of Raintree Park: The council will consider changing the name of Raintree Park to Art and Myra Bright Park at the request of the neighborhood.
- Automated Metering Infrastructure: The council will hear a workshop presentation on the benefits and challenges of implementing automated metering for the city’s water and electric services.
- CSISD Natatorium: The council will consider approving a $61,739.92 reimbursement to the College Station Independent School District for use of the CSISD natatorium for city programs and activities.
- Hotel Tax Legislation: The council will consider a resolution expressing support for proposed state legislation to expand the use of hotel occupancy tax funds for the construction and operations of city-owned parks and recreational facilities.