By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Recycling Update: The council will hear a workshop presentation about recycling collection and an update on city’s recent single-stream recycling pilot project. On the consent agenda, the council will consider a five-year, $840,283 contract and franchise agreement with Brazos Valley Recycling. Staff is not recommending a rate increase for customers.
- Student Government Association: The council will hear a presentation from Texas A&M’s student body president on the primary goals of the Student Government Association. The city and SGA are working together on a number of mutually beneficial endeavors.
- Science Park Agreement: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a 10-year, performance-based economic development agreement with the College Station Science Park. The strategy is to create additional shovel-ready sites to take advantage of A&M’s recent commercialization efforts.
- Outside Agency Funding: The council will consider funding agreements with the Arts Council of Brazos Valley, B-CS Chamber of Commerce, College Station Noon Lions Club, Aggieland Humane Society, B-CS Convention and Visitors Bureau, Keep Brazos Beautiful, the Research Valley Partnership and the Memorial for All Veterans of the Brazos Valley.
- Mobile Food Courts: After a public hearing, the council will consider allowing food vendors to develop short- and long-term mobile food courts through conditional use permits and the site planning process.