Here are five items to watch when the College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings:
- FY14 Budget: The council will hear an overview of the city’s proposed FY14 budget and will set a date for a public hearing. Budget workshops are set for Aug. 19-21, with final adoption of the $255.4 million budget scheduled for Sept. 12.
- Wastewater Master Plan Update: The council will be updated on the Wastewater Master Plan for the rapidly-developing Northgate area.
- Synthetic Turf Athletic Fields: The council will consider a $3.93 million contract to build two synthetic turf athletic fields at Veterans Park, including lighting, parking, drainage improvements and fencing. The fields will help the city attract additional athletic events that will benefit the local economy.
- Game Day Traffic Study: The council will consider an inter-local agreement with Texas A&M to split the cost of a $100,000 football game day traffic study. The results will be used to reduce traffic congestion before and after Aggie games.
- Community Development Action Plan: The council will consider the Community Development Action Plan and budget, which includes about $1.4 million in new federal grants to benefit those with low and moderate incomes.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.