Five things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Aldrich Takes Oath of Office: After the council canvasses the results of the Nov. 5 election at 4 p.m., Steve Aldrich will take the oath of office to replace Jess Fields in Place 2 on the council. A short reception for Fields will be held in the council chambers before the council goes into executive session.
- High-Speed Rail: When the workshop resumes at 6 p.m., the council will hear a presentation on a possible high-speed, high-tech railway that could be built in the next decade between Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston.
- Proclamations/Presentations: The council will proclaim this week as Nurse Practitioner’s Week and Dec. 8 as Scott & White B/CS Marathon Day.
- Lincoln Center Expansion: The council will discuss the conceptual design for the expansion of the Lincoln Recreation Center that was approved by voters in the 2008 bond election.
- Game Day Housing Rentals: The council will discuss possible revisions to city regulations regarding short-term home rentals in residential areas.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.