The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Aldrich Takes Oath of Office: After the council canvasses the results of the Nov. 5 election at 4 p.m., Steve Aldrich will take the oath of office to replace Jess Fields in Place 2 on the council. A short reception for Fields will be held in the council chambers before the council goes into executive session.
- High-Speed Rail: When the workshop resumes at 6 p.m., the council will hear a presentation on a possible high-speed, high-tech railway that could be built in the next decade between Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston.
- Proclamations/Presentations: The council will proclaim this week as Nurse Practitioner’s Week and Dec. 8 as Scott & White B/CS Marathon Day.
- Lincoln Center Expansion: The council will discuss the conceptual design for the expansion of the Lincoln Recreation Center that was approved by voters in the 2008 bond election.
- Game Day Housing Rentals: The council will discuss possible revisions to city regulations regarding short-term home rentals in residential areas.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.