The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- HOT Fund Grants: The council will hear a presentation on the Hotel Occupancy Tax Fund Grant Program administered by the BCS Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Humane Society Board: The council will consider appointing Assistant Police Chief Scott McCollum to the board of the Aggieland Humane Society.
- Royder-Live Oak Sewer Extension: The council will consider a $1.16 million construction contract for the Royder Road-Live Oak Street Sewer Extension Project.
- Payday and Auto Title Loans: The council will consider registration requirements and credit extension guidelines for businesses that offer payday and auto title loans. Other Texas cities, including the City of Bryan, have adopted similar regulations.
- Comp Plan Changes: The council will discuss changes to the city’s Comprehensive Plan regarding the BioCorridor area.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.