The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report: In the workshop, the council will review the city’s annual audit reports and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the FY13 fiscal year.
- Aggressive Solicitation: The council will receive a workshop presentation on restrictions for door-to-door solicitation and law enforcement methods to address aggressive solicitation. The council will vote on an ordinance and amendments as part of the consent agenda.
- Parking Removal on Toni Court: On the consent agenda,the council will consider removing parking along the west side of Keefer Loop from Rock Prairie Road to Toni Court, and on the south side and cul-de-sac of Toni Court in the Buena Vida Subdivision.
- Municipal Utility District Creation: After a public hearing, the council will consider granting conditional consent to create Brazos County Municipal Utility District No. 1 for about 553 acres located at 17529 State Highway 6 South. Residential development is planned for the area.
- Budget Amendment No. 2: The council will consider a $565,396 budget amendment for FY14, along with a $35,000 contingency transfer and $871,455 in interfund transfers. For complete details on the budget amendment items, see pages 212-13 in the regular meeting agenda packet.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.