Five things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetings
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report: In the workshop, the council will review the city’s annual audit reports and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the FY13 fiscal year.
- Aggressive Solicitation: The council will receive a workshop presentation on restrictions for door-to-door solicitation and law enforcement methods to address aggressive solicitation. The council will vote on an ordinance and amendments as part of the consent agenda.
- Parking Removal on Toni Court: On the consent agenda,the council will consider removing parking along the west side of Keefer Loop from Rock Prairie Road to Toni Court, and on the south side and cul-de-sac of Toni Court in the Buena Vida Subdivision.
- Municipal Utility District Creation: After a public hearing, the council will consider granting conditional consent to create Brazos County Municipal Utility District No. 1 for about 553 acres located at 17529 State Highway 6 South. Residential development is planned for the area.
- Budget Amendment No. 2: The council will consider a $565,396 budget amendment for FY14, along with a $35,000 contingency transfer and $871,455 in interfund transfers. For complete details on the budget amendment items, see pages 212-13 in the regular meeting agenda packet.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.