The College Station City Council gathers Monday at city hall for its workshop (6 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Stormwater Management: The council will hear a workshop update on the city’s stormwater management program. A consent agenda item in the regular meeting authorizes the mayor to endorse the 5-year plan that will be submitted to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- Sign Ordinance Changes: The council will discuss potential amendments to the city’s sign ordinance that would allow electronic message boards to change hourly and would change the allowable size of fuel price signs.
- Ringer Library Audit: The council will hear a workshop presentation on the recent audit of Ringer Library operations by the city’s internal auditor. The report is part of the consent agenda in the regular meeting.
- Chimney Hill Rezoning: After a public hearing, the council will consider rezoning about eight acres in the Chimney Hill Retail Plaza from General Commercial and Corridor Overlay to Planned Development District.
- Seismic Survey Regulations: After a public hearing, the council will consider adopting fees and establishing local regulations related to seismic survey permitting. For details, see pages 154-156 of the regular meeting packet.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.