By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its final workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings of 2014. Here are five items to watch:
- Project HOLD: The council will receive a workshop presentation about Project HOLD, the city’s online history database.
- Capital Projects: The council will hear a workshop update on the city’s capital project needs.
- Rock Prairie Road Rehabilitation: The council will consider a $1.4 million contract for the Rock Prairie Road Rehabilitation Project, which would include base repair, pavement rehabilitation and replacement of drainage culverts between Stone Brook Drive and Fitch Parkway.
- Parking Removal on Regal Row, Castlebrook: After a public hearing, the council will consider removing stopping, standing and parking along Regal Row and Castlebrook Drive to address safety concerns.
- Bond Committee Appointments: The council will appoint 23 members to the 2015 Bond Citizen Advisory Committee to help identify and prioritize potential capital improvement projects to be considered by voters in the November 2015 bond election.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. Previous council meetings are archived on the website. A detailed live blog from the meetings will be posted on this site and also can be accessed through the city’s Facebook page.