Podcast: City manager talks about “The Big Show”
By Jay Socol, Public Communications Director
When I began my career in city government 15 years, I quickly learned about “The Big Show” — also known as city council meetings. Everything had to be carefully planned so the meetings would run as smoothly as possible for the council, the public and the media. A enormous amount of work goes into each meeting.
The College Station City Council meets twice monthly. So, what happens during the weeks between meetings?
In this podcast, City Manager Kelly Templin talks about staff workload, relationships with council members, and which TV shows help him escape from it all.
Click below to listen. Soundcloud may not play in older versions of Internet Explorer.
Having trouble? Click here to listen to the audio file from your system.
- Vacant properties, Pappadeaux and Chimney Hill (March 2015)
- A day in the life of the city manager (February 2015)
- The Strong & Sustainable Grant Program (February 2015)
- Natalie Ruiz talks economic development (November 2014)
- CSFD’s Bart Humphreys says so long after 35 years (July 2014)
- Recycling Coordinator discusses oil recycling (June 2014)
- Challenges of regulating rental properties in college towns (April 2014)
- Effectiveness of the Mosquito Abatement Program (April 2014)