3 reasons to attend a lawn irrigation workshop
By Jennifer Nations, Water Resource Coordinator
If learning how to program your sprinkler controller and saving on your water bills rank high among your summer goals, you’ll want to attend one of two free workshops conducted this week by College Station Water Services.
The first session is Thursday from 6-7:30 p.m at the CSU Meeting and Training Facility at 1603 Graham Rd. and the second is Saturday from 10-11:30 a.m. at Pebble Creek Country Club. We’ll also provide light refreshments and door prizes.
UPDATE (6/25): Thursday’s session has been cancelled.
We designed the workshops for residential customers who have a history of high summer water bills and want to reduce their irrigation use. The sessions will feature hands-on instruction and tips from a licensed irrigator.
This workshop is for you if:
- You have a sprinkler system but are afraid that scaling back your watering schedule will kill your lawn.
- You’re curious about how even slight adjustments to your watering schedule could save you money each month.
- Your neighborhood or homeowner association collectively wants to reduce the amount of water use and runoff.
For more information or to register, please contact Water Resource Coordinator Jennifer Nations at 979-764-6223 or email@example.com.
- New website helps you water smarter (April 30, 2015)
- Are you staying within your water budget? (July 9, 2014)
- 1 trillion reasons why every drop counts (March 19, 2013)
- Keep calm and save the rain! (Feb. 14, 2013)
- Valuable tip by water chick opens resident’s eyes (Oct. 22, 2012)
- Are you smarter than your irrigation system? (July 10, 2012)
- To conserve or not to conserve? (July 6, 2011)
Photo Credit: 123RF Stock Photo
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!