By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m. est.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Board Appointment Process: In the workshop, the council will discuss a process for appointing citizens to city boards that results in improved consideration of new residents who want to serve their community.
- Possible 2015 Bond Election: The council will have a workshop discussion on the Citizen Advisory Committee’s recommendations for transportation projects to include in a potential bond election in November. The focus will shift to facilities and parks projects in July.
- Newman 10 Awards Recognition: Prior to the regular meeting, the council will recognize College Station’s recipients of the recent Bryan Rotary Club/Newman 10 Business Performance Awards.
- Playground Replacement at Miller Park: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a $200,000 contract to replace the playground equipment at Jack and Dorothy Miller Park with shaded structures.
- ITS Master Plan Agreement: The council will also consider an inter-local agreement for Texas A&M to provide $850,000 to help develop and implement the city’s Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) Master Plan.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site, which you may also access through the city’s Facebook page.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!