By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Security Camera Surveillance: In the workshop, the council will discuss stronger regulations for security cameras at businesses such as convenience stores.
- Creek Meadows Lift Station: The council will consider an agreement to increase the capacity of the Creek Meadows sewage lift station to serve the recently annexed Wellborn area.
- Automatic CPR Devices: The council will consider the purchase of automatic CPR devices for the city’s EMS units to provide better patient care.
- Trash Valet & Recycling Agreement: The council will consider the first of two readings of a franchise agreement that would allow Brazos Valley Recycling to collect recyclables from commercial businesses and multi-family locations.
- Parks & Recreation User Fees: The council will consider new user fees for Parks & Recreation facilities and programs, including increases for facility rentals, cemetery spaces, and some activities.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!