By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Underground power line maintenance: In the workshop, the council will hear a presentation about College Station Utilities’ maintenance program for underground power lines. About 56 percent of the city’s electric network is underground.
- Meter Reading Outsourcing: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a three-year, $1.65 million contract to outsource electric and water meter reading services. The city’s growth has created a substantial strain on staffing levels.
- Police Station Design Contract: The council will consider a $1.96 million contract for the design of a new police station.
- Office Space Lease Agreement: The council will consider a three-year, $350,000 agreement to ease overcrowding at city facilities by leasing office space at 511 University Dr. East.
- Rezoning for Nursing Home: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to rezone about seven acres near the Rock Prairie Road-Medical Way intersection to allow for the development of a nursing home as part of the Medical District.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!