By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Water Master Plan Update: In the workshop, the council will hear a presentation about the city’s updated Water Master Plan, which includes population and demand projections, system analyses, and plans for capital improvements.
- Underground Power Line Maintenance: The council will hear a workshop presentation about College Station Utilities’ maintenance program for underground power lines. About 56 percent of the city’s electric network is underground.
- Wellborn Road-Green Prairie Trail Project: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider an advanced funding agreement with the state to extend Greens Prairie Trail to the city limits west of Wellborn Road. The city would contribute $450,000 toward the improvements.
- Holleman South Widening Project: The council will consider a $1.01 million contract for engineering services related to the design of the Holleman South Widening Project, which will reconstruct Holleman from North Dowling to Rock Prairie Road West. The project is expected to be finished by 2018.
- ITS Master Plan: The council will consider a contract not to exceed $811,413 for the second year of the Intelligent Transportation System Master Plan. The second year’s implementation includes upgrades to the traffic signal shop, 25 cameras, Bluetooth readers, and design of a message system that communicates real-time roadway information to drivers.
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Ch. 19, or online. The website includes an archive of previous council meetings. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!