By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5 p.m.) and regular (6 p.m.) meetings.
Here are five items to watch:
- Online Desk Officer System: The council will hear a workshop presentation on the Police Department’s Desk Officer Reporting System, which is part of the Computer Aided Dispatch and Records Management System implementation. The system replaced a previous version of online self-reporting.
- Residential Pavement and Parking: The council will have a workshop discussion about parking and driveway pavement requirements for residential development, along with options for alternative pavement standards and maximum impervious lot coverage.
- On-Street Parking Removals: On the consent agenda, a trio of proposed ordinances would remove on-street parking from recently constructed streets in three subdivisions: Ace Townhomes, Mission Ranch Phase 101, and Summit Crossing Phase 3.
- Gateway Monument: Another consent agenda item is an inter-local agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for the city to construct and maintain a gateway monument on State Highway 6 near the Texas World Speedway.
- Board and Commission Appointments: In the regular meeting, the council will make appointments to several boards, committees, and
The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink Channel 19 or online. We’ll post a detailed live blog on this site.
Colin Killian (@ColinKillian) has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!