By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Monday at 4 p.m. for a special meeting at city hall. Public attendance is restricted.
The meetings are streamed live on Suddenlink Channel 19 and at cstx.gov/cstv19. To join the meeting online, go to Zoom or call 888 475 4499 and enter webinar number 997 6214 6757. if the call-in number isn’t working, access will be limited to Zoom.
To address the council via Zoom about any agenda item you must register with the city secretary before the meeting by calling 979-764-3500 or emailing CSO@cstx.gov before the meeting starts. Written comments submitted to CSO@cstx.gov will be provided to the council members.
Here are five items to watch:
- Industry Recruitment: The council will hear an industry recruitment update by the Brazos Valley Economic Development Corporation, which works with the city’s Economic Development Department to recruit businesses to College Station.
- Keeping Fowl in City Limits: The council will discuss the city ordinance regarding keeping fowl in the city limits.
- Bee Creek Drainage: The council will review Bee Creek drainage conditions in the Brison Park-Dexter Drive area and discuss options for improvements.
- Wolf Pen Creek Events: The council will hear a presentation from the Parks and Recreation Department and the Tourism Division about events and activities planned at Wolf Pen Creek.
- Pandemic Protocols: The council will consider a resolution encouraging Gov. Greg Abbott to reinstate the state-wide mask mandate. The governor issued an executive order on March 2 that rescinded the mask requirement.
About the Blogger
Colin Killian has been with the City of College Station since 2010 after serving 23 years as the associate media relations director for the Texas A&M Athletics Department. Killian has also worked as a reporter and editor for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times and Lewisville News. A native of Hobbs, N.M., he graduated from Texas Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism/political science.
If you found value in this blog post, share it with your social network and friends!