By Kelli Nesbitt, Parks & Recreation Marketing Coordinator
With the arrival of warmer days and spring just weeks away, we know you’re ready for the fun and exhilaration of experiencing one of the City of College Station’s two splash pads.
Are you ready for more good news?
Our invigorating splash pads are open for the season!
The Fun for All Playground splash pad at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park is open daily from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. through Oct. 31. The covered, wheelchair-accessible pad has tipping buckets, a weeping water shower, and directional spray areas.
The W.A. Tarrow Splash Pad next to the Lincoln Recreation Center is open daily from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. through Aug. 31 and 8 a.m.-6 p.m. from Sept. 1-Oct. 31. It also has tipping buckets and directional spray areas.
But before you slip on your swimsuit and lather up with sunscreen, look over our rules. And remember – no lifeguards are on duty, so you must supervise your children.
Splash Pad Rules
- The splash pad and playground area are open to the public and can’t be reserved.
- Participants must conduct themselves courteously and respectfully.
- Running and horseplay are prohibited.
- Pets, food, glass objects, alcohol, smoking, vaping, and tobacco are strictly prohibited.
- Please vacate the splash pad at the first sign of thunder or lightning.
- Bathing, soap, detergent, and shampoo are strictly prohibited.
- Don’t hang, climb, or swing on splash pad equipment.
- Don’t dress or undress your children in the splash pad.
- Water shoes are encouraged.
- Polluting the splash pad – particularly urinating, discharge of fecal matter, spitting, and nose blowing – is strictly prohibited.
- Toys, skateboards, rollerblades, skates, bikes, scooters, and similar types of recreational equipment are prohibited.
- The splash pad may close at any time due to weather, maintenance, or operational concerns.
For more information, contact us at 979-764-3486 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you liked this post, share it!