By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Underground power line maintenance: In the workshop, the council will hear a presentation about College Station Utilities’ maintenance program for underground power lines. About 56 percent of the city’s electric network is underground.
- Meter Reading Outsourcing: As part of the consent agenda, the council will consider a three-year, $1.65 million contract to outsource electric and water meter reading services. The city’s growth has created a substantial strain on staffing levels.
- Police Station Design Contract: The council will consider a $1.96 million contract for the design of a new police station.
- Office Space Lease Agreement: The council will consider a three-year, $350,000 agreement to ease overcrowding at city facilities by leasing office space at 511 University Dr. East.
- Rezoning for Nursing Home: After a public hearing, the council will consider a request to rezone about seven acres near the Rock Prairie Road-Medical Way intersection to allow for the development of a nursing home as part of the Medical District.