By Colin Killian, Public Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (about 5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Security Camera Surveillance: In the workshop, the council will discuss stronger regulations for security cameras at businesses such as convenience stores.
- Creek Meadows Lift Station: The council will consider an agreement to increase the capacity of the Creek Meadows sewage lift station to serve the recently annexed Wellborn area.
- Automatic CPR Devices: The council will consider the purchase of automatic CPR devices for the city’s EMS units to provide better patient care.
- Trash Valet & Recycling Agreement: The council will consider the first of two readings of a franchise agreement that would allow Brazos Valley Recycling to collect recyclables from commercial businesses and multi-family locations.
- Parks & Recreation User Fees: The council will consider new user fees for Parks & Recreation facilities and programs, including increases for facility rentals, cemetery spaces, and some activities.