This is a live blog from the College Station City Council’s workshop and regular meetings on Thursday, March 12. It’s not the official minutes.
Both meetings are being broadcast live on Suddenlink Channel 19 and can also be watched online. An archive of previous council meetings is available on the website.
The workshop has started.
6:06 p.m. (more…)
By Colin Killian, Communications Manager
The College Station City Council gathers Thursday at city hall for its workshop (5:30 p.m.) and regular (7 p.m.) meetings. Here are five items to watch:
- Safety City: Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will give a workshop presentation on its proposal for a “Safety City,” a model town to provide safety education for children.
- Texas Avenue Sidewalk Improvements: The council will consider a $77,546 contract for sidewalk improvements on the west side of Texas Avenue between Hensel and Cooner streets.
- Presidential/Vice Presidential Debate: The council will consider a resolution supporting Texas A&M’s bid to play host to a presidential or vice presidential debate in 2016.
- Wellborn Area Commercial Signs: The council will consider allowing attached signs on existing commercial structures in the Wellborn area without the owner having to seek rezoning.
- MUD Development Agreement: The council will consider a development agreement associated with Brazos County Municipal Utility District No. 1. The agreement extends the city’s planning authority over the property, which is expected to be developed into a master-planned community.