Is This A Thing? Krispy Kreme, Lululemon and Spice World
By Jay Socol, Public Communications Director
Episode 8 of “Is This A Thing?” finds College Station Economic Development Director Natalie Ruiz talking about the status of some restaurants and businesses you’ve been hearing about for a while, plus new trends that are showing interest in College Station, such as “entertainment uses.”
Total run time: 32:22
- 00:00 — Open.
- 00:57 — University Town Center: Lots of interest, looking for an anchor.
- 02:34 — Chimney Hill: Republic/Primrose Path, drive-thru Starbucks, hotel, restaurant.
- 05:18 — Century Square: Lululemon, Clean Juice and more on the way.
- 08:38 — Northgate: Stunning number of new beds, commercial demands, food trucks.
- 13:05 — Texas Avenue activity
- 13:43 — Harvey Road update: Krispy Kreme IS A THING.
- 15:12 — What does old Toys R Us location lend itself to?
- 16:44 — Jones Crossing + H-E-B.
- 17:47 — City View Southwest at SH40/Barron Road.
- 19:24 — CapRock + Tower Point: What’s working, what’s coming?
- 20:52 — The Yard (sounds kinda cool).
- 21:39 — Gringo’s is STILL A THING + Walk-Ons and Starbucks.
- 22:56 — Highway-6: Stella Restaurant, BV Autoplex, At Home (opening soon!).
- 24:14 — More interest in entertainment, such as bowling/games, rock climbing.
- 26:40 — What it was learned at the largest retail conference in the U.S.
- 31:10 — Next time + show close.
About the Blogger
Jay Socol (@jaysocol) is in his ninth year as College Station’s public communications director. A 1991 graduate of Texas A&M. Jay has also been communications director for the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service, public information officer for the City of Bryan, and news director at several Bryan-College Station area radio stations. A native of Breckenridge, he also serves as president of the Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers.
If you found value in this blog post, please share it with your social network and friends!