Welcome to our live blog from the College Station City Council’s workshop and regular meetings on Thursday, Dec. 10. The meetings are streamed live on Suddenlink Channel 19 and at cstx.gov/cstv19. The workshop will start after 5 p.m., followed by the regular meeting at 6. Continue reading Live Blog: Thursday’s city council meetings (Dec. 10)
Contrary to popular belief, the City of College Station does not limit local cable television or internet service options. So why doesn’t our community have more choices? Continue reading Why don’t we have more cable and internet options?
Welcome to our live blog from the College Station City Council’s workshop and regular meetings on Thursday, Sept. 26. The meetings can be watched live on Suddenlink channel 19 or online at cstx.gov/cstv19. The workshop will start at about 5 p.m., followed by the regular meeting at 6.
Continue reading Live Blog: Thursday’s city council meetings (Sept. 26)
By Jay Socol, Public Communications Director
The College Station City Council recently inked an agreement allowing an ultra-high-speed internet provider to lease available city-owned fiber strands.
In this edition of the podcast, our guest is Place-6 City Councilman James Benham, who not only makes his living in the world of technology, but is committed to expanding College Station’s tech infrastructure and quality of life.
I’ve recently received a few questions about why we need internet bandwidth speeds 20 times faster than what we currently have available, so I thought I would try to break it down for everyone. The whole high-speed bandwidth argument has to do with five variables:
- The size of the data pipe (how much data can move through at once).
- The speed of the data pipe (how fast that data moves through the pipe).
- The quality of the data pipe (how much stuff gets lost between point A and point B).
- The cost of the data pipe (the price of moving stuff through the pipe and the price of constructing the pipe).
- The availability of the data pipe (where the pipe can be found and run).